About the role
This role sits within our AccessHE Division.
AccessHE is a key delivery partner in the government-funded project, the National Collaborative Outreach Programme (NCOP). Working together with other London-based networks, HEIs, schools, colleges and local authorities, the London NCOP is seeking to increase the number of young people from underrepresented groups who go into HE. This involves designing, developing and delivering innovative, engaging events and activities for young people in years 9-13. Moreover, we are also monitoring and evaluating the success of these initiatives to identify and report on what works to help inform future policy developments. If this sounds like something you would be interesting in working on, read on!
We are actively seeking a highly-organised and motivated full-time AccessHE NCOP Officer to provide operational support for the delivery of the London NCOP initiative. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced project officer wishing to develop their skills and to make a real contribution to a key programme of government-funded activity.
The post holder will report to the AccessHE NCOP Manager, working together with the NCOP Schools Officer and form a key part of the AccessHE project team.
About you (requirements)
We are looking for someone who wants to make a difference to the lives of young people – those young people from backgrounds where, despite having the ability, they might not aspire to pursue the fantastic opportunities that higher education offers. We are looking for someone educated to degree level (we will acknowledge equivalent qualifications), with a good level of knowledge of access to higher education policy and practice – someone who knows their OfS from their HEFCE; their BME from their LAC. An interest in social mobility is certainly advantageous and we really want someone with experience of providing administrative project support assistance – ideally with young people from different backgrounds.
If you feel your skills, knowledge, personal qualities and experiences map to the following, we would love to hear from you:
- A minimum of one year’s experience working in a professional environment providing administrative project support assistance or similar.
- Experience of developing and co-ordinating events.
- A flexible, self-motivated worker able to prioritise a varied workload in order to meet tight deadlines under pressure and handle competing priorities.
- Able to work independently and exercise initiative and also collaboratively as part of a small team.
- Solutions-focused in approach with strong co-ordination skills and an aptitude for multi-tasking, able to operate effectively and efficiently in a fast-changing environment.
- Excellent written and numerical skills and high attention to detail.
** In addition please note the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. London Higher will pay for the cost of this check.
*** The postholder will be expected to take the majority of their annual leave out of school term time.
How to apply
Please ensure you follow the guidance below when completing and submitting your application:
- Complete the London Higher Application Form in full;
- In the statement section, you should address each point on the job specification, providing information, examples and evidence to illustrate how you meet the criteria for the post;
- Complete an London Higher Personal Details and Equal Opportunities Form;
- Completed application forms and equal opportunity forms should be submitted to: email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 7th June 2019. We will not be able to consider any applications received after this deadline;
- If you have any questions about the post or wish to discuss the role informally please contact Naz Khan, AccessHE NCOP Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr Richard Boffey, Deputy Head of AccessHE (Richard.email@example.com).
Interviews are scheduled to be held on Wednesday 19th June 2019. Regrettably we will be unable to offer alternative dates if you are unable to attend on this date due to the work commitments of the interviewing panel.
Please download the Job Application Pack for further guidelines on how to apply.