About the role
These roles sit within our AccessHE Division.
A major, government-funded project AccessHE is involved in is the National Collaborative Outreach Programme (NCOP), which delivers targeted higher education outreach to young people from underrepresented groups through regional partnerships of HEIs, schools and other partners. We are one of the network partners in the London NCOP consortium. The programme is entering into its second phase, the main objective of which will be to develop a pan-London ‘outreach hub’ as a complement to phase one’s targeted work. This is an exciting opportunity to have real impact by creating new and lasting models of collaborative HE outreach in London.
We are actively seeking four new members of our NCOP team to lead on the establishment of the outreach hub and on strategic engagement with schools within the hub area. AccessHE will manage a section of the outreach hub spanning 19 local authority areas in north London; each Outreach Coordinator will work across a cluster of local authorities and will help to connect providers of HE outreach with school partners in these areas (see Job Description for further information). These will be particularly rewarding roles for anyone wishing to further their experience in stakeholder engagement and partnership-building who has a desire to create opportunities for young Londoners. We are looking for individuals with a bold vision for the outreach hub and the commitment to delivering it.
The post holder will report to the Deputy Head of AccessHE, working closely with the NCOP project team and forming a key part of the wider AccessHE division.
About you (requirements)
We are looking for someone who wants to make a difference to the lives of young people – those young people from backgrounds where, despite having the ability, they might not aspire to pursue the opportunities that HE offers. Ideally you will have experience of working in an educational setting but first and foremost you will be able to show a proven aptitude for stakeholder engagement leading to new projects and collaborations.
If you feel your skills, knowledge, personal qualities and experiences map to the following, we would love to hear from you:
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders, especially schools, students, universities, and local authorities.
- Experience of building effective partnerships, evidenced in a business development role, through delivery of joint projects, or equivalent.
- Able to travel to schools and other stakeholders in the relevant outreach hub area.
- A consensus-builder who is persuasive and confident in communicating with external stakeholders.
- Enterprising in outlook, able to synthesise complex information and recognise new opportunities relating to HE progression in London.
- Adaptable, well organised and able to work autonomously to meet targets and deadlines.
- Collaborative with experience of working in a small team.
- Eager to learn and develop new skills (preferably with an interest in social mobility).
* In addition please note the successful applicant will be subject to a standard DBS check. London Higher will pay for the cost of this check.
How to apply
Please ensure you follow the guidance below when completing and submitting your application:
- Complete the London Higher Application Form in full;
- In the statement section, you should address each point on the job specification, providing information, examples and evidence to illustrate how you meet the criteria for the post;
- Complete an Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form;
- Completed application forms and equal opportunity forms should be submitted to: email@example.com by 4pm on Friday 30 August 2019. We will not be able to consider any applications received after this deadline;
- If you have any questions about the post or wish to discuss the role informally please contact Richard Boffey, Deputy Head of AccessHE (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Interviews are expected to be scheduled on Monday 9 and Tuesday 10 September 2019.
Please download the Job Application Pack for further guidelines on how to apply.