WHAT WE DO
London Medicine is unique in providing a forum for senior academic and managerial representatives from across London’s health education sector – we discuss emerging issues in the delivery of health education and research in the capital, as well as collaborate on initiatives in the interest of the members.
Our remit is to:
- Monitor the healthcare policy environment and identify opportunities and issues of share concern;
- Coordinate and manage initiatives and projects;
- Liaise with stakeholders and bodies to deliver timely interventions;
- Promote dialogue between those that develop healthcare policy and higher education policy.
- Promote the contributions made by London Medicine.
London Medicine brings together the heads of the London schools of medicine, dentistry and clinical academic disciplines. It is unique in providing a forum for London’s medical experts to converse on developing policy initiatives, and discuss responses to challenges within the sector.
During the pandemic, London Medicine has continued to engage in pressing issues whilst adapting and sharing best practice within member institutions to support medical students. This has included ensuring the continuation of placement opportunities for students, exploring innovative ways in engaging students in studies and assessments, as well as engaging with the NHS in relevant response areas.
If you would be interested in joining this network, then please contact Jack O’Neill (email@example.com) who would be happy to provide further information.