WHAT WE DO
The group discusses key issues which may affect London’s higher education, such as TEF, the ‘London effect’ and performance indicators. The group provides collective views for policy initiatives and consultations from funding bodies and Government.
Recent speakers have included DfE on the TEF framework and metrics; HEFCE/OfS on well being measures for graduate outcomes, HESA on performance indicators and the Data Futures programme, and representatives working on the development of the LEO datasets. All discussions are held under the ‘Chatham House rule’ to stimulate informal debate.
The TEF subgroup has engaged with DfE on the evolution of metrics used in TEF since 2017.
A pilot project on commuter students concluded with the release of a set of reports in August 2019 which can be viewed here.
- Birkbeck, University of London
- Brunel University London
- City, University of London
- Conservatoire for Dance and Drama
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Heythrop College, University of London.
- King’s College London
- Kingston University London
- London Metropolitan University
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- London South Bank University
- Middlesex University
- Queen Mary University of London
- Ravensbourne University London
- The Royal Central School of Speech & Drama
- Royal College of Art
- Royal Holloway, University of London
- SOAS, University of London
- St George’s, University of London
- St Mary’s University, Twickenham
- The Courtauld Institute of Art
- The Institute of Cancer Research
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music & Dance
- University College London
- University of East London
- University of Greenwich
- University of London
- University of Roehampton
- University of the Arts London
- University of West London