WHAT WE DO
The group discusses key issues which may affect London’s higher education, such as TEF, the ‘London effect’ and performance indicators. The group provides collective views for policy initiatives and consultations from funding bodies and Government.
Recent speakers have included DfE on the TEF framework and metrics; HEFCE/OfS on well being measures for graduate outcomes, HESA on performance indicators and the Data Futures programme, and representatives working on the development of the LEO datasets. All discussions are held under the ‘Chatham House rule’ to stimulate informal debate.
The TEF subgroup is engaged with DfE on the evolution of current metrics used in TEF. Meetings have been held in September 2017 and May 2018 with representatives from the TEF team to discuss the various whole institution assessments and subject-level consultations.
A round table discussion was held in January 2018 on commuter students in London with Liz Thomas Associates. Following this and related meetings, we have initiated a project on Commuter Students In London (CSIL). The group is made up of 15 HEIs and we held an initial meeting on 4 May 2018 to discuss datasets, travel time calculations and initial summaries of commuter student data. Meetings of several participants who have carried out detailed statistical data analyses on non-progression rates and travel time were held in June and October. Student panels are being conducted during November 2018 at six HEIs led by student researchers, who have been provided with a training session and materials developed by Professor Liz Thomas.
- Birkbeck, University of London
- Brunel University London
- City, University of London
- Conservatoire for Dance and Drama
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Heythrop College, University of London.
- King’s College London
- Kingston University London
- London Metropolitan University
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- London South Bank University
- Middlesex University
- Queen Mary University of London
- Ravensbourne University London
- The Royal Central School of Speech & Drama
- Royal College of Art
- Royal Holloway, University of London
- SOAS, University of London
- St George’s, University of London
- St Mary’s University, Twickenham
- The Courtauld Institute of Art
- The Institute of Cancer Research
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music & Dance
- University College London
- University of East London
- University of Greenwich
- University of London
- University of Roehampton
- University of the Arts London
- University of West London